New Years Resolutions

photo-04-01-2017-18-33-59

Happy New Year to all of you lovely readers!

It’s that time of year when everyone starts to think about their New Years Resolutions if they haven’t made them already. More often than not I think about things I want to start doing more and work on more but I don’t tell anyone because well, I’ll probably fail right? But this year is the year to share! So here it goes…

1. Be more active

This is usually on everyone’s list and I’m pretty sure it was on mine last time. I really did try last year though, I lost a stone before I went on my summer holiday, then I only put a few lbs on when I was there and it’s been give or take a few ever since I got back and I’ve not really tried since either. I actually don’t mind going to the gym I just find that after I’ve been to work, been to the gym, got home eaten and showered I never have any time left? So I think this time I’m just gunna try and do what I can, when I can and as long as I get a couple of hours in a week it should be fine and if I need a rest have a rest. As long as that rest doesn’t take 6 months! Me and my mum are going to try a yoga class and go swimming together starting from next week hopefully.

2. Try and eat healthier

Another cliché New Years Resolution but hey you have to try don’t you? I think when I say eat healthier I basically mean try and cut out the junk food snacking and try and find healthy snacks I actually enjoy and maybe cut down on portion sizes. Also I was thinking maybe have a weekend (probably payday weekend) for like a designated eat out treat too to make it more special.

3. Spend more time with family

I actually spend quite a lot of time with my family, but not with us all together except when it comes to Christmas. So I think planning ahead and trying to get everyone together for an outing, trip away or just for something simple like a games night is definitely a good idea.

img_2967

4. Take better care of my skin

I’ve actually started this already for about 6 months now but I wanted to add it to the list anyway. I think what I need to do a little bit more is spend some money on finding some great skincare products that really work with my skin than on lots of new makeup all the time. I mean I’m not saying I’m going to stop buying makeup because obviously that’s not going to happen but just think about which I need more and switch it up a little each month.

5. Try to read more

I didn’t read many books in 2016 and I feel like I missed out. I do enjoy reading the only problem I have is finding time to actually sit, relax and enjoy a good book. Another problem I have is picking out books I think I might actually enjoy, I’m literally no good at it. Nethertheless i want to try, so it’s up there and I have a new book I’ve started already!

6. Work more on my blog photography

More on to the blogging Resolutions now but I really want to work on this as well as my blog. I think sometimes I have a great idea for a post but then I get a little stuck with my photography? And I know I shouldn’t compare myself to others but I just can’t help myself when I see everyone’s great photography everywhere! I’m really hoping to save up and buy a camera which will really help rather than just using my phone!

7. Be more prepared with draft posts

This can be really hard sometimes, as I just don’t have the time to sit and write posts but I at least want to try and get a bit better at having some in my drafts more often than not. That way when I don’t have time I can literally just hit publish! Although sometimes I don’t have any inspiration until the moment, but hey we’ll see what happens!

So these are my current New Years Resolutions, what do you think will I do it? What are some of your New Years Resolutions? I wish you all the best for 2017!

1. January 4, 2017 / 10:00 pm

Good résolutions! I must admit the “spend more time with family” is lovely and that’s something I want to do!

January 4, 2017 / 11:01 pm

I love spending time with family, it’s just that we all live apart now and one of my brothers works offshore so it’s difficult to arrange things around everybody but it would be nice if I could at least a couple more times a year 🙂

2. January 4, 2017 / 10:40 pm

I love your resolutions the fitness ones are realistic and not like I want a six oack. I have the same sort of ones too.
    If you struggle to find good books to read maybe try using good reads it always helps me find good books.

January 4, 2017 / 11:00 pm

Yeah I wanted to make sure they were all something I can achieve rather than being silly about it. Ooh I haven’t heard of that! I’ll definitely look into it thank you 🙂

3. January 5, 2017 / 12:15 am

OMG! If I would have my own list of resolutions, I believe all of these things would be included!
    Hope you tick out every single one!

January 5, 2017 / 9:20 am

Make a list! You can do it! Thank you I hope I do too 🙂 x

• January 5, 2017 / 9:44 am

Thanks for the encouragement! 😘😘😘

4. January 5, 2017 / 10:41 am

Good Luck with the resolutions. I’m sure you’re going to ace it!

January 5, 2017 / 12:54 pm

Thank you lovely! I really hope so, just got to stay motivated!

5. January 5, 2017 / 9:09 pm

Yes I can relate to every single one! I really need to draft more posts! I always feel like I havent got time to sit and write a whole post up until ones due to go up but I should just draft a few posts ideas and go from there!

Great post lovely!

Stacey White

6. January 6, 2017 / 10:42 am

Love your goals!! I’m trying to be more organised with drafts and scheduled posts too! I also want to read more, I’ve missed it this year with uni!

Laura || http://www.thelifeoflaura.com.au xx

January 6, 2017 / 11:03 am

It makes it so much easier when you have some in your drafts doesn’t it! Yeah I imagine that would be quite difficult, I love a good book I’m just not very good at picking them, I always think I won’t enjoy it and it will be a waste! Xx

7. January 7, 2017 / 4:59 pm

Good luck with your resolutions. I’m sure you’ll do great with them. You’re are similar to mine!

Corinne x

January 7, 2017 / 6:51 pm

Thank you! Well good luck with yours too, we can do this💪🏻 x

8. January 11, 2017 / 3:25 am

Great plans babe, I really need to work on drafting posts for my blog