Nars Sheer Glow Foundation

Photo 26-03-2017, 22 35 40

I know many of you have probably already tried this foundation as it’s so popular among the beauty community but I still thought I would share my thoughts!

“A glowing, satin-finish foundation with sheer and buildable coverage. Replete with skincare benefits and the Nars Complexion Brightening Formula, skin is hydrated, more luminous, softer and smoother. Used daily, Sheer Glow Foundation improves skin brightness, radiance and texture. For normal to dry skin types.”

I’ve been reading reviews about this foundation for what seems like forever because it’s actually the first high-end foundation I have bought (crazy right?). I’ve only ever tried Nars’ eyeshadow primer so I’m also kind of new to the brand too. Living in a small town in Lincolnshire, there is nowhere where I can pick up a sample so while I was in Meadowhall in Sheffield I went to the Nars counter in House of Fraser and got colour matched. The shade I was matched to was Deauville and it really is perfect. I was so nervous about that part as I’d read a lot of people talking about how makeup counters don’t match you to the right shade and I was thinking what if I spend £32 and then I look orange?! Honestly I probably would have had a meltdown.

Photo 05-04-2017, 17 48 29

First of all I love the packaging of this foundation, it’s so sleek and generally just looks high-end which I really like. The only downside is that it doesn’t come with a pump, so if you want the pump you have to pay an extra £3 and then the original lid doesn’t fit back on while the pump is inside. I feel like considering the amount you pay for the foundation, that is a little bit annoying but totally worth it at the same time. I definitely had to get the pump as I knew if I didn’t I would waste far too much product.

Although this foundation is called ‘Sheer Glow’ it is far from a light coverage. It’s more between medium and full coverage and definitely build-able to how you want it. The reason it’s called Sheer Glow is because even though it’s good coverage, it feels really light on the skin rather than being heavy and cakey looking, and your skin definitely ‘glows’ through.

Photo 05-04-2017, 17 47 14

Sheer Glow really does last throughout the day too. I haven’t tried it without a primer and a setting spray but with those two products, I would say it lasts most of the day and feels comfortable on the skin while doing so. I also sometimes get dry patches under my eyes, around my nose and my mouth and sheer glow doesn’t cling to them at all which is just what I was hoping for. I do have an oily forehead though and the shine does come through after a few hours wear but I’m pretty sure if I find the perfect primer I can prevent this from happening as it always does so far no matter what foundation i’m wearing and I haven’t really tried many different primers which is my next step!

Honestly, I have just fallen in love with it! It’s everything I wanted from a foundation and I just love the way it looks throughout the day and it blends out and sinks in to the skin like such a dream! Nars is definitely becoming a new favourite brand for me that’s for sure.

Have any of you tried this or any other Nars products? I would love to hear your thoughts or anything else you recommend!

img_0312-20

1. April 5, 2017 / 7:04 pm

This is one of my absolute fave foundations!

April 5, 2017 / 8:35 pm

It’s so nice isn’t it! Definitely a new favourite for me now too! x

2. Samanthafmx
    April 5, 2017 / 9:11 pm

I’m definitely going to try the gobi or Serbia colors! I’ve been looking at this and I’m ready to try. I like the colors it comes in it’s hard I find a good foundation with cool undertones

Xoxo

April 5, 2017 / 9:12 pm

Yes there’s definitely a good shade selection with this foundation! I hope you find the perfect shade and love it as much as me! x

April 6, 2017 / 6:14 am

It’s such a stunning foundation isn’t it! So good you got the perfect match too! x

3. April 6, 2017 / 1:56 am

i have been wanting to try this for so long but every time I go into a store that stocks it I’m so distracted by all the other stuff but i am determined to get it haha

April 6, 2017 / 6:15 am

Aw haha I know how you feel, I wanted it for a ridiculous amount of time but just kept buying other things instead oops! I hope you get it in the end, you will love it it’s so so good! x

April 6, 2017 / 6:16 am

Thank you Marina! Oh you have to try it it’s such a great foundation I’m sure you’ll love it! I need to get my hands on more Nars products, I’m going to end up loving everything! x

4. April 6, 2017 / 7:01 am

I was always so worried with wearing foundation because of bad experiences I’d had in the past, but when I got the Nars sheer glow my whole opinion changed!! It’s the most lovely formula and honestly I don’t think I’ll ever need another foundation haha, lovely review and I agree with all your points xx

April 6, 2017 / 3:53 pm

Yes I’m always worried about looking orange or cakey or something! It’s such a great foundation isn’t it. Aw thank you I’m so glad you agree! Xx

5. April 6, 2017 / 9:32 am

Ok….. I need this. I love everything you said and I’m feeling totally sold. I’ve seen this everywhere and I think it’s time I purchase.

Taylor Jane xx

April 6, 2017 / 3:55 pm

Honestly Taylor I think you’ll love it! It’s just such a perfect foundation, just have to make sure you get the perfect shade match! Xx

6. Terri Heckley
    April 6, 2017 / 9:49 am

I’m dying to try this foundation! I wish it was cheaper because it that’s probably the main reason I haven’t bought it yet. You’re totally right though, that packaging is stunning! x

April 6, 2017 / 3:56 pm

That’s exactly how I felt and why it took me so long to finally purchase it! But I’m so happy I did and I think it’s going to be my go-to from now on! I probably should start a foundation fund haha! It’s so nice isn’t it, I hope if you do try it you love it as much as me! x

7. April 6, 2017 / 5:05 pm

it sounds pretty good. I haven’t tried it but I love foundations that look like if they were low coverage! I’m adding it to my WL!

April 6, 2017 / 8:30 pm

It’s honestly so nice! I think I’ll be re-purchasing this when it’s gone for sure! x

April 6, 2017 / 8:31 pm

I haven’t tried all day luminous but now I’ve tried this one I think I’ll probably just stick to it because I love it so much! x

8. April 7, 2017 / 8:54 am

LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation. It’s one of my absolute favourites. And it doesn’t feel heavy or cakey on the skin either! Great choice 🙂 xo

April 7, 2017 / 9:07 am

It’s perfect isn’t it! Thank you 🙂 x

April 7, 2017 / 9:08 am

It was on mine for the longest time too! Honestly you won’t be disappointed it’s so so so good! Definitely worth every penny 🙂 thank you! x

April 9, 2017 / 10:47 am

It really is so good! Yeah the pump situation was a little annoying but it’s worth it in the end! I guess once you buy one and finish a bottle you can wash it and use it for repurchases! X

9. beautyaddictmama
    April 8, 2017 / 7:48 am

I really want to try this too, I’ve heard really good things about it and unbelievably have never tried any Nars products.

April 9, 2017 / 10:48 am

I heard such great things too about it and I’d never tried Nars before! Now I have this and a velvet lip glide I just want everything from Nars! Love their products x

April 9, 2017 / 10:49 am

Oh no that’s such a shame! I’m not sure whether to try that one or not. Yeah definitely give this one a try it’s so so good! Thank you Emily 🙂 x

April 23, 2017 / 10:04 am

It’s so good isn’t it! I really want to try some of their other base products now too, I’ll have to check that one out! Thank you for reading 🙂 x

10. May 3, 2017 / 8:00 am

I have a love hate relationship with this foundation. It can either look amazing or awful. I never reach for it because when it looks bad it looks really bad and clings to my dry patches. I see it on so many other people though and it looks amazing though. My skin is still so hormonal though so I think that’s the problem for me.

Loved your review though x

Stacey x

May 3, 2017 / 7:00 pm

Aw no! That’s such a shame, it doesn’t seem to cling to my dry patches but I’m not sure whether that’s just because I’ve been using more moisturising products lately! Hopefully it might work a bit better for you now the weather has changed too? Thank you Stacey! xx