October Glossybox: Unboxing

Another month, another Glossybox unboxing post! But this month, as you might be able to tell from the photo of the box, is a little different. This month us Glossies were either a Unicorn or a Mermaid, although the items within the boxes are the same, the actual box itself is slightly different and of course I was still worried I would be deemed a Mermaid instead of a Unicorn, but luckily I got the box I wanted!

Makeup Revolution | Mermaids vs Unicorns Eyeshadow Palette | RRP £4

Basically the star of the show for this box was this beautifully coloured eyeshadow palette from Makeup Revolution. It’s so pleasing on the eye and I’ve actually never tried one of their eyeshadow palettes before so I was definitely excited to have a little play with this. Makeup Revolution can definitely be hit and miss with their super affordable products, but when they’re good they’re usually really good.

Bang Beauty | Cream Colour | RRP £19.50

A brand I’ve never heard of before but such a beautiful cream product. This can be used as a cream eyeshadow, blush or even highlighter and it’s also cruelty free and vegan friendly which is always a bonus. I’ve never actually used a cream eyeshadow before and was thinking of picking one up as I’ve had my eye on a few but now I’ve got this I can give it a go first which is always a bonus.

Sleek Makeup | Creme to Powder Blush | RRP £5.99

Sleek is a well-known high street brand I’m yet to try many products from so I was happy to see this cream blush in this months box. Apparently this blush applies as a cream but dries into a powder which sounds interesting to say the least. The colour is a little bright and scary in the pan so a little will probably go a really long way but if nothing else I’m definitely intrigued to see how the cream-to-powder formula works. It also claims to last all day!

Lord & Berry | MAGIC BROW Perfect Eye Brow Pencil | RRP £14

The most intriguing eyebrow pencil I’ve heard of, this one has a marbleised tip which is swirled with two complimentary shades to flatter all colourings by mimicking the colour variation naturally found in brows. Sounds incredible right? I can’t wait to put this to the test. The only thing I would say is to purchase it’s £14 and the pencil itself is quite small, so if the shade works out I will be interested to see how long the pencil lasts too seen as my current go-to is only £8 and has a brush on the other end too.

Kawaii Enterprise | Brush Cleaning Egg | RRP £7.99

I love a good brush cleaning product but I was a little disappointed receiving this in the box. Only because I already have a back up of my current one, but I guess it’s good to have a second back up right? These are so easy to use though, you literally put two fingers inside the brush egg to keep it stable, then wet your brush, add your brush cleanser and swirl the brush on the egg to create a good foam to clean your brushes before rinsing. This is a different make to my others which I actually received as an extra when ordering some brush cleansers from Happy Place Cosmetics but I think it will just be the same.

So that’s it for this months box, what did you think? Are you a Unicorn or a Mermaid?

1. October 23, 2017 / 2:40 pm

Wow this is a very colourful lot of products!! Not sure how much I’d use then but good to have anyway! Love the box 🙈

October 25, 2017 / 2:39 pm

I love the packaging and I think everything is just a little different! Will be interested to see what everything is like x

2. October 23, 2017 / 3:22 pm

This box looks great. I don’t have many cream eyeshadows either but I do love a cream to powder blush, they give a super smooth look to the skin I find. The sleek blush is quite bright isn’t it! You’ll have a read blend, blend, blend! With that one. There’s so many lovely boxes out there, I’ve only ever subscribed to look fantastic but I cancelled it as half the products I wasn’t using. I wanted to use the money to by products of my choice instead.

October 25, 2017 / 2:41 pm

I love the packaging of this one it’s so pretty and it’s different to have more brighter products! Ooo that sounds nice! But yeah just a little worried about the shade! I think Glossybox is a good one for like affordability but yeah I’m beginning to wonder whether to save some money! It’s hard to unsubscribe though haha I feel like I’m gunna miss out x

3. October 23, 2017 / 6:54 pm

I love the design of this box, although I would say I’m definitely a mermaid! I really love the look of that brush cleaning egg, I need something like that in my life! x

October 25, 2017 / 2:41 pm

It’s so pretty isn’t it! The brush cleaning eggs are sooooo useful, definitely worth picking one up! x

4. Rachel
    October 23, 2017 / 8:18 pm

This box looks pretty disappointing this month 🙁 there’s nothing in there that I would be overly excited about I guess!

Rachel // http://www.thebeautyisabeast.com

October 25, 2017 / 2:42 pm

I love the packaging and the fact it’s all a little different and things are brighter for a change but I’ll just have to see how I get on with everything! x

5. October 24, 2017 / 11:31 am

A very colourful selection of products! Although I’m not sure I’d really use any of these products unfortunately x

October 25, 2017 / 2:43 pm

Yeah I know what you mean, I’m intrigued to see what they’re like though x

6. October 24, 2017 / 4:39 pm

What a fab range of products! So many bright and colourful products. I love Sleek blushers. They’re really good and so affordable xx

Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

October 25, 2017 / 2:44 pm

It’s definitely a change having bright coloured products! Interested to see what they’ll be like, a little worried about the shade of the Sleek blush though! xx

October 25, 2017 / 2:47 pm

Yeah it’s definitely something different! Interested to see what they’re like xx

7. Kelly
    October 27, 2017 / 7:33 am

I’m a Mermaid! I loved the box this month, I’ve been using the eyeshadow palette, and it’s fantastic, very pigmented. I’ve yet to try out the other products, but I’m super excited about them x

November 2, 2017 / 2:36 pm

It was such a pretty box wasn’t it and different to have colourful products! I’m excited to use the cream eyeshadow! x

November 2, 2017 / 2:36 pm

It’s so pretty isn’t it! I really need to get around to trying that eyebrow pencil I’m so intrigued! The brush cleansers definitely make cleaning brushes so much easier! xx