A New Found Love: Cleansing Oils

For a long time I thought that if you had oily/combination skin, using oils in your skincare routine would only make the oiliness worse. Well now I know how wrong I was and I have totally fallen for a good cleansing oil.

I was recently sent a few products from DHC to try from the lovely Abigail and included in them was this huge bottle (200ml) of Deep Cleansing Oil which claims to nourish and hydrate for younger looking skin. It removes all traces of makeup as well as dirt, it even claims to remove waterproof mascara, but unfortunately I don’t have any of that to test this with! You use this on dry skin and gently massage it into your skin, you then add water which turns it into a milky, rich emulsion that rinses clean and honestly leaves your skin feeling so so soft as well as clean, cleansed and bright. I was so amazed at the fact it doesn’t leave your skin feeling greasy at all and I absolutely love it. I love using this as part of my night time skincare routine.

I also had in my cupboard to try for a good few months now was the Happy Place Cosmetics Tea Tree, Eucalyptus and Spearmint Cleansing Oil which is a blend of silky facial oils and essential oils made up into a lovely cleansing oil to cleanse, tone and hydrate. I love Happy Place Cosmetics as all of their products are cruelty and sls free along with being vegan friendly and all handmade too. This has been sitting in my cupboard for the same reason I haven’t used cleansing oils before, I bought it in a ‘spare of the moment’ type of situation when I was making an order as they’d only just been released and I knew they were going to sell out really quickly and I’m glad I did!

Another cleansing oil that’s been sitting in my cupboard for even longer than the Happy Place Cosmetics oil was The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Oil which I’d heard so many good things about, so again when I was making an order and I had a discount code, I added this to my basket too. (Why am I like this?). This is suitable for all skin types including those with sensitive skin and it helps not only to remove makeup and cleanse the skin but also to calm any irritations and leave skin feeling soft and fresh. The only really annoying thing about this cleanser is the packaging as it does leak and is definitely not travel friendly. But other than that It’s perfect in every way! I think quite a lot of cleansing oils have this problem with the packaging though.

Have you been loving any cleansing oils lately?

*This post does contain a product which was gifted to me. All opinions are honest and my own and you can read more about this on my Disclaimer page here.

1. November 15, 2017 / 11:05 am

I’m exactly the same – I assumed that because I have quite oily skin, that using oil would just make me into an oily mess! 😂 I’m going to be placing a Body Shop Christmas order sometime soon, so that may just slip into my basket as a treat for myself.. 🙊

December 6, 2017 / 10:46 pm

I couldn’t believe it! Honestly once you’ve tried them you will fall in love, they’re so lovely to use and do an amazing job! Yes do it! x

2. November 15, 2017 / 11:29 am

Oh I’ve never tried a cleansing oil! They sound so lovely though. The Body Shop one sounds amazing!xx

Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

December 6, 2017 / 10:47 pm

Once you’ve tried them you will love them! It’s so nice xx

3. November 15, 2017 / 12:21 pm

I am also an oil convert, I really like facial oils for moisturising but I haven’t tried many oil cleansers. I do have the garnier one which is half oil and half liquid which I really love so I’ll have to try one of these out! xx

December 6, 2017 / 10:48 pm

Yes they’re so good too aren’t they. Ah I’m sure you will love an oil cleanser once you’ve tried one! xx

4. November 15, 2017 / 2:28 pm

I’ve heard of The Body Shop one and would love to try it out. I’m not sure about the packaging if it leaks… I have also seen Burt’s Bees Cleansing oil that looks good.

Mrs Q Beauty

December 6, 2017 / 10:49 pm

I had heard such amazing things about it and now I can definitely see why it’s so nice! Yeah it’s tricky with cleansing oils to get the packaging right it seems! Ooo I haven’t seen that one! x

5. November 15, 2017 / 5:23 pm

I literally love using oils! Completely hydrated your skin I love it. That DHC one looks so good, I’ve seen that brand a lot recently 🙌🏼 Xx

December 6, 2017 / 10:50 pm

I do too now, I can’t believe I didn’t try them for so long! Omg the DHC one has got to be my fave, I just love it! xx

6. November 15, 2017 / 7:27 pm

I’m a fan of cleansing oils too. Don’t think I’ll ever go back. Nothing beats them for hydration. My skin is really dry but been so much better since getting into using cleansing oils! Your collection looks fab!

December 6, 2017 / 10:51 pm

Hydration and really cleaning and refreshing the skin I just love it, can’t believe it took me so long to try them I’ve definitely been missing out! Thank you xx

7. November 15, 2017 / 9:35 pm

I’ve never used a cleansing oil because I have an oily T-zone and have always assumed an oil would make it worse. This is really interesting that it apparently doesn’t. I’m quite tempted to try the Body Shop one now, thank you for this review! X

Lisa | http://www.lisasnotebook.com

December 6, 2017 / 10:52 pm

That’s exactly the same as me! Honestly once you’ve tried one you will be amazed and I’m sure you will start to love them too! Let me know how you get on if you do! My pleasure lovely! x

December 6, 2017 / 10:52 pm

Ah the camomile one will be perfect for you! x

December 6, 2017 / 10:53 pm

I would definitely recommend it! Even if you just got a smaller version of one to test xx

8. November 17, 2017 / 12:00 pm

I’ve never used a cleansing oil before but this post has made me really want to! I bet it’d be great for my dry skin too!

December 6, 2017 / 10:54 pm

It definitely would! They’re great for so many things and I’m sure once you’ve tried one you will love them too! x

9. November 21, 2017 / 12:45 pm

I’ve never tried a cleansing oil before, but all of these offerings sound great! I love the sound of the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil and Happy Place Cosmetics sounds like a great brand – especially with it being cruelty free 🙂 xo

December 6, 2017 / 10:55 pm

Honestly they’re sooooo good, the DHC one is definitely my fave! Happy Place Cosmetics is such a fab brand, definitely recommend trying them out too! xx

December 6, 2017 / 10:55 pm

Yes definitely! I love cleansing oils for this, and for cleaning and refreshing the skin so well, I just love them! x