Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette

I’ve been loving this palette for a while now so I thought it was about time I talked to you guys about it, especially seen as this palette is so perfect for the autumn/winter seasons. If you’ve been following me on Instagram you will have seen this featured quite a few times and how absolutely gorgeous it is!

First of all there is a lot of difference between this palette and the other Naked palettes in my opinion which first begins with the packaging. The outer packaging for this palette instead of being a regular box, the palette actually sits on a cardboard tray on the inside which slides out. The packaging for the Naked palettes is also usually quite basic but sleek, but this one is beautiful, striking and completely true to the nature of the Naked Heat. As always it comes with a double-sided blending brush too which isn’t the best but isn’t the worst either but I tend to not use it. It also has a really handy mirror inside too. The packaging of the palette overall is quite chunky compared to the others but it’s very sturdy and so I don’t mind that so much.

Just like all the other main palettes from the Naked range at Urban Decay, this one has 12 beautiful shades. The difference with this palette though is that it has a wider range of matte shades rather than being mostly shimmers which I love. It has some very neutral matte shades, burnt oranges, reds,  gorgeous dark purples, a dark brown and a couple of extra shimmers for good measure. Everything you need for some beautiful autumnal eye looks. They blend really nicely too making it a really easy palette to work with.

I actually think that compared to the other palettes too, these shades are even more pigmented than usual. Of course they last all day on the lid as well (with an eyeshadow primer) although there are just a couple of shades slightly less pigmented but still good enough just take a little extra work, nothing drastic in my opinion.

I would say that the palette is a very warm toned and the shades are very much on the red side of the spectrum so if that isn’t your thing then I would steer very clear of this one. I’ve also heard a lot of people saying they think the palette is missing a nice gold shimmery shade and I guess I do agree a little but at the same time I’m kind of glad there isn’t one. For me I always end up reaching for a gold shade to complete my look with a little shimmer, but this palette has stopped me from doing that which means I’ve actually created some different looks. Overall I’m just loving the fiery looks you can create with this palette but also the very natural matte looks for everyday too. I would say that a lot of looks can end up looking quite similar due to a lot of the shades being very red toned but I still think they look gorgeous and it just takes some getting used to playing around with.

Urban Decay is definitely one of my favourite brands for eyeshadow palettes and at £39.50 I think they’re definitely worth the money but not too expensive either. Especially when a lot of the time you can get discount on Feel Unique or use student discount in House of Fraser online or in-store (I’m a sucker for a good discount code). I was actually super lucky enough to get this palette as a gift from my boyfriend but he was also able to use his Meadowhall discount in the Urban Decay store too which was fab.

Are any of you dreaming of this palette or already loving it like me?

1. November 17, 2017 / 10:27 am

It’s kind of ironic that a palette called ‘Heat’ is perfect for Winter.. 😂🤷🏼‍♀️ I’m still so undecided about this palette after reading so much about it, simply because it is so warm toned and I just don’t know whether I could pull that off?! 😩

December 6, 2017 / 10:57 pm

I know it’s so weird isn’t it haha! Yeah I know what you mean, maybe go for a similar palette with a more affordable brand first, I’ve heard the Nyx Warm Neutrals palette has some pretty similar shades! That way you can see how you get on with them for a little less money! x

2. November 17, 2017 / 10:39 am

Funny, I was looking at the Naked heat palettes online last night. So temped!! I might have to add it to my Christmas list. These shades a absolutely perfect for me as I tend to go for a warmer palette. I agree, the price is fine for such a fab palette. I would pay it for sure.

Great post!

December 6, 2017 / 10:58 pm

Oooh yes add it to your list! I love warm toned palettes (you’ve probably noticed) and this one is beautiful, I love how fiery it is all together, definitely different to my other warm palettes. Thank you! x

• December 7, 2017 / 7:25 am

Haha yes, I had noticed! I like the same colours so it’s all good inspo x

December 6, 2017 / 10:59 pm

Yes I have to agree, the shades and pigmentation and blendability is just gorgeous and I love the packaging too xx

December 6, 2017 / 11:00 pm

It is soooo instagram worthy I can’t get enough photos of it! It’s just so gorgeous xx

3. November 17, 2017 / 12:03 pm

I absolutely love this palette, it’s up there for me with the Modern Renaissance! I actually really like that this palette doesn’t have a gold shade as I feel like most warm-toned palettes do, so it makes it more unique!

December 6, 2017 / 11:01 pm

Me too it’s just so stunning, yes I have to agree! x

December 6, 2017 / 11:01 pm

Honestly just do it, you will not regret it if you love a warm toned palette! x

December 6, 2017 / 11:02 pm

It’s beautiful isn’t it! x

December 6, 2017 / 11:02 pm

They’re gorgeous aren’t they, yes you definitely should, or add it to your Christmas list! x

4. lisamclachlan
    November 17, 2017 / 5:07 pm

This is such a beautiful looking palette and your photos are stunning! Unfortunately, I don’t suit warm tones like this so, sadly, it wouldn’t be for me. However, I do have friends that would like this so I’m bookmarking this page for them, thank you! x

Lisa | http://www.lisasnotebook.com

December 6, 2017 / 11:03 pm

Aw thank you so much! Ah amazing, I hope they love it! x

5. November 18, 2017 / 10:15 am

It’s so beaut! You’re making me want to buy it more and more even though these aren’t the colours I normally go for! But I love it x

December 6, 2017 / 11:04 pm

I think these shades would look lovely on you! It’s such a beaut palette. If you’re not sure though you could always try a cheaper alternative first to test out the kind of shades, I think the Nyx Warm Neutrals would be a good option to see how you get on! x

6. November 19, 2017 / 7:27 am

I like tarte and urban decay. The only thing is that you might have to get 3 different pallets to have various shades. For example the new Urban Decay Heat is too focusedon reds so you might not get that intense smoky eye out of this pallete.

December 6, 2017 / 11:05 pm

Yeah I definitely know what you mean, I think there are enough shades for a good smokey eye though, especially a fiery one which is what I love about this palette! I think it’s really unique x

7. November 19, 2017 / 5:36 pm

I love the Naked Heat palette, it’s so perfect for this time of year. I can’t wait to experiment with it more over the upcoming months!Xx

December 6, 2017 / 11:06 pm

It’s stunning isn’t it, I just think it’s so unique even though there are so many warm toned palettes coming out lately xx

8. November 20, 2017 / 2:29 pm

I’ve been loving this palette as well. I didn’t think I could wear it day to day, but I really have no issues with it. I think it looks great for an everyday palette.

Jennifer | Mrs Q Beauty

December 6, 2017 / 11:07 pm

It can definitely be dressed up or down, it’s just perfect isn’t it! x

9. November 21, 2017 / 4:49 pm

I adore the look of this palette – I think it’s great for both the Summer and Autumn months, just because of how versatile each of the shades are and the different looks you could create with it. I would love this in my collection and I am obsessed with the striking packaging from UD. Your swatches have made me fall in love with this palette even more xo

December 6, 2017 / 11:08 pm

Yes definitely! You should definitely treat yourself or add it to your Christmas list. It’s such a fab palette to have in your collection! The swatches I’d seen previously are definitely what sold it to me too xx

December 6, 2017 / 11:08 pm

I think it might just be mine too! x

December 6, 2017 / 11:09 pm

I only have this, Naked 3 and Smoky and I think this one is my favourite and Smoky now my least favourite! I think it’s a fab palette to add to your collection xx

December 6, 2017 / 11:10 pm

Oh that’s so strange! I wonder why? x