10   111
20   155
13   206
11   104
20   182
9   145

Two Styles I’m Loving This Summer

Surprisingly lately I’ve been a lot more into clothes than makeup which hasn’t been the case for a while. For once I’m actually loving this seasons choices of clothes and styles and the fact I’m going on holiday abroad this year has definitely been my excuse for ordering too many pieces so I thought I’d share with you a couple of the styles I’m loving…

First up lets talk about the ‘paper bag’ style. Trousers, skirts and shorts, you name it and I love it. I feel like this is a style that was definitely around last year but not as much as this time around. I remember last year being too late to the party and missing out on the perfect pair of pink paper bag trousers and now this year I can’t find the perfect pair either so I’m still on the look out. What I have found in the meantime is this pair of high waisted check paper bag trousers which I love and this stripey pair that I just recently picked up too. I’ve also managed to snag myself these super stylish pair of shorts that I can’t wait to wear on holiday, and I’ve also just ordered one of these gorgeous linen skirts in the sage colour too, it was so hard to decide between that colour and the pink but I already have two pink skirts already so that made my decision.

So it’s safe to say that’s definitely one of my favourite styles for a long time and now I have to stop myself looking as I just want to order all the pretty pieces I see! I’m definitely loving the trouser trend atm too, paper bag, stripey and just pretty pastel colours. I’m actually daring enough to wear them instead of just my jeans all the time when I want to cover up my legs (which is most of the time) and I love it.

Next up has got to be tops with tortoiseshell buttons. They just make a top look extra chic from cute camis to full shirts. The camis from Topshop are my fave, they’re so cute and go with everything (especially all the paperbag trousers, shorts and skirts I can’t stop buying) I already have one in white and one in pink but I could definitely go for the green one too and they have some cute patterned ones as well. New look have some similar camis but they also have these basic but stylish boxy shirts in a multitude of colours that everyone has been going crazy over lately. I have a lovely floral one perfect for summer but sadly that one is almost out of stock now with only a few sizes left. The only downside of these for me is that they come up a little too short to be able to tuck them in and when I’m wearing the paper bag style on my bottom half I like to tuck the top half in so you can see the tie waist detailing, other than that though they look really pretty with other types of trousers and definitely jeans too.

What styles have you been loving lately?

*This post contains affiliate links.

1. thecourtneeyeve
    June 7, 2018 / 4:18 pm

Those red shorts are so cute!!

June 10, 2018 / 10:46 am

Aren’t they just! I can’t wait to wear them on holiday with a cute tee! x

2. June 12, 2018 / 9:12 pm

This is literally my style. I love paper bag waisted trousers and skirts. The hat and shorts are adorable too! Hope you have a fab time on holiday lovely.

Samantha

Thebeautyspyglass.com

June 12, 2018 / 9:40 pm

I think the paper bag waist just makes them so much more stylish I love it! Ah I love my cute little vacacy hat too it was only from Primark! Thank you, I really can’t wait to finally be on holiday, just 3 weeks to go until some much needed sun and relaxation! xx

3. June 17, 2018 / 10:12 am

I have been the exact same this year when it comes to fashion! Summer always seems to make me want to buy all the fashionable things I see, it’s breaking my bank! I’ve been on the lookout for pink trousers too, im desperate for a pink and a navy blue pair. This year I am loving all the trousers and cutlotts and jumpsuits! Stuff that I never thought I’d wear before. Awesome post Ellie! Clare xx | https://www.clayaa.com

June 21, 2018 / 11:59 am

Me too! And with all the constant sales atm I’m really struggling to hold back! Same, they’re so cute aren’t they and I think it makes a nice change from everyone wearing jeans all the time – well I usually do anyway! Yeah I’m exactly the same, really enjoying wearing different things! Thank you lovely xx

4. June 19, 2018 / 2:48 pm

I LOVE those button up boxy shirts from New Look! The paper bag waists are a really flattering style for this year as well, that I also love. You’ve picked up some super cute bits Ellie 🙂 xo

June 21, 2018 / 12:01 pm

They’re so cute aren’t they! Only thing is they do come up a bit short on me so i can only wear them with certain things. I’m so obsessed with the paper bag waist! Aw thank you lovely xx